TV ads are one of the most known marketing techniques used by organizations to market their brands to the general public. A TV ad illuminates a dream for many fashion brands, as it can bring great brand notoriety, social recognition, and awareness among the public. Many individuals all over the world have access to TVs; this is, therefore, among the widest strategies for selling your brand. Many marketers and brand managers pay millions of dollars every year to have their ads aired on their channels. However, the ad has to be useful to the brand’s marketing strategy. Otherwise, it is a waste of time and resources. With that in mind, what are the pros and cons of this marketing channel, and what are the costs for a successful strategy?
- Contrary to popular belief, with a well-defined target, broadcasting your ad on TV is not so expensive. Nevertheless, you have to do a smart analysis when aiming a cable channel on a specific timetable.
- A TV advert maximizes on the reach of a commercial message. With millions of people watching their TVs on a daily basis, airing your brand on TV is one sure way of reaching and finding new clients for your brand.
- It offers the opportunity for your potential customers to understand your service or brand visually. Many people would, therefore, prefer to see how you brand or product works and how it would benefit them. TV advertising provides this opportunity, thus increasing the number of potential clients to your brand or product.
- Some products and services demand more of visual marketing as opposed to audio marketing. TV ads are therefore particularly useful for products or services that need to be seen more than being heard. Customers need to visually inspect some products so that one can have a general idea of what they are buying. Fashion products are one of these.
- The average costs of TV advertising vary as these prices depend on the season or time you want to broadcast. Even political periods and location influence the prices.
- Coming across a great deal is not easy. You need to conduct a deep research before settling on the decision to use a particular TV channel for advertising your product.
- In addition to the expensive rates you have to deal with when booking for a TV advert, you have to think of the production costs associated with your ad. These would include some necessities like shooting and casting, which are needed for the accomplishment of a great fashion ad. Therefore, one has to compare and negotiate hard to get the best rates.
How much it costs?
Before you go for advertising your products or services on TV, you need to have a clear idea of your rates. Rates vary greatly as a commercial ad during the Superbowl tournaments can cost some few million. Before setting your budget, you should have an idea of the average rates in your area, as well as for the targeted channels. One way of doing this is to contact a local representative for more info about your market.
- Local vs. national
For instance, a local TV station can charge you between $200 and $1500 for a thirty-second TV commercial. On the other hand, when you get national, these prices shoot up to a minimum of $100,000.
- Which tools can help you measure your costs?
You have to proportionate your investment on the TV ad to the number of potential clients reached by the ad. An easy and useful tool for this is known as the CPM that helps you to find the basic technical info. You can learn more about this key tool on this article.
Finally, TV ads come with some benefits for those who wish to make it a long-term project. You get discounts of up to 10% if you sign a six-month or annual contract with a channel, among other advantages. Nonetheless, keep in mind that many TV channels have difficulties filling all their advertisement areas, so as a brand, you have a negotiation margin.